We understand that a carving set is an investment that should hopefully last a lifetime if well cared for. With all our products, Schaaf Tools offers:
- Excellent customer service ✔
- Replacements for any tools that don't meet expectations ✔
- 100% money-back guarantee ✔
Expand your carving kit with this ready-to-carve set selected by a team of professional carvers. We asked our team of professional carvers what tools would complement Schaaf Tools' original 12-piece carving set. With their help, we’ve put together 7 additional profiles that can stand alone as a set, but will also work perfectly in addition to the 12 original profiles. There is no overlap between the two.
The #3F-12mm and #3F-20mm fishtails are particularly useful for carving backgrounds around highly contoured, raised-relief areas. The #3-20mm is ideal for wasting (quickly removing) large background and "flat" areas. And the #12 - 10mm V-tool works for outlining, separating parts of a relief carving, detailing, and carving lines.
Profiles Included: #3-20mm, #6-12mm, #3F-20mm, #3F-12mm, #11-15mm, #11-10mm, #12-10mm
All Tools come packaged in a Schaaf Tools canvas tool roll with protective plastic tips.
PLEASE READ – Do not buy this set if you are not willing to sharpen your tools. These come factory ground and sharpened, and like any gouges, will require sharpening. For commissioned sets, see our Premium Set of 7- Hand Sharpened carving tools.
- HIGH-QUALITY WOOD CARVING TOOLS – Each tool is made from alloy chromium-vanadium steel and hardened to Rockwell C60 so blades will hold an edge for a long time and won't dull quickly with repeated use; Hardwood ash, European style octagonal handles prevent tools from rolling off your workspace.
- 100% GUARANTEE – If any of the individual tools do not meet expectations, please contact us so we can replace them! If you aren't completely satisfied, please contact us immediately for your money back
- SCHAAF BRAND – Schaaf Tools has been endorsed by Woodcarving Illustrated, and master carvers, including Joe Dillett, Alexander Grabovetskiy among others, so you know what you’re getting with every purchase. We stand behind our tools.
Basswood and Walnut Available
Get our newest addition to the shop. We believe these kinds of wood provide value beyond the look. Shop now!
We have the following types of wood that provide a great surface for wood carving: